Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dark Knight at midnight, baby!


We've got our tickets! That means I'll finally be watching Batman : The Dark Knight at midnight :) As some of ya know, Batman Begins is one of my all time fave films. I've been excited about the sequel ever since the final scene of the 1st movie. Anyone else going to see TDK?

In this video, Roeper & Phillips review The Dark Knight. They compare TDK to such highly regarded flicks as Heat & The Departed, which does not usually happen for a superhero movie! Spoiler Alert ~ This clip has very mild spoilers, but don't watch if you want to be completely surprised by the action.

I'm a big Christian Bale fan, as well as Morgan Freeman. The director, Christopher Nolan, also helmed another movie on my top list, Momento. Then.... there is Heath Ledger. It will be bittersweet seeing him in his last completed film role. Even before his shocking death, I knew Heath was creating an unforgettable Joker from the early, leaked scenes. RIP!

My sweetie has his own blog dedicated to Batman. Of course, I think it is the best! However, I am not alone. He has soooooo many devoted readers, including lots in the comic book & Batman related industry. Tommmmmy's blog is the place to go for all things Bat :)

www.bat-blog.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be seeing it at midnight at the local IMAX theater! I'm VERY excited. It's really bittersweet to see Heath, but I know it was an incredible role for him, so I'm going to embrace seeing him on screen one last time. :)

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, but would AOL make an awesome Batman??? Although it would be a shame to cover up that gorgeous face with a mask