Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fun at my house

I had quite the adventure..... Minding my own business. Slowly but surely reading and answering more of your wonderful email messages. Suddenly, I hear pop, zap, crackle, zap, sizzle, pop. The lights dim, come back up, dim. I immediately turn off the computer. Run to the backdoor. Crackle, pop, sizzle, zzzzzt. Sparks are shooting and cascading in such volume that I can't even open the door. Then ~ POW! and the whole house goes black. No electricity. When the shower of sparks finally stops, I take a look around outside. The heavy duty electrical line from the pole is burned black and smoking. Just my house. I call the electric company and wait.... and wait.... and wait. You can imagine how much fun that was in the heat. They had to bring in a gigantic truck equipped with a crane/bucket thingie. I think that is the technical name for it. *grin* Finally, the power was restored!

Not a very nice pre-birthday gift. Have I been a bad girl?!?!? Maybe I'm being punished for things I did in a past life, cuz you know that I've been a complete angel in this one. *wink*

2 comments:

COBBY said...

Oh Kandye, I know that's not funny but your description is "right-on".

I something similar about 10 years ago in my old house. I lived "in the country" and put the house up for sale and a buyer was signing papers, etc. The stove I had at the time was a Jenn-Aire and the light bulb in the oven had to be replaced. I couldn't get the cover thingie off to get the old bulb out so I asked my girlfriend if her husband could get it off. Well as she and I were sitting at the kitchen island (the stove was in the island) I saw him get a screw driver (he was kinda dumb) and he opened the over door and just as I was about to say, "I don't think you should be using that metal tool in the electrical oven", when POW, POP, CRACKLE, BING, BANG, light bulbs blew out, braker box went kapowie, TV sets died, all the under counter lights in kitchen burst one-at-a-time (it was like the kitchen scene from The Money Pit starring Tom Hanks and the worst was the burning charred smell. Needless to say I had a mess on my hands, fortunately my insurance paid for the damage) plus the transformer right outside in the neighbors yard had to be checked and the wire from it to my house was destroyed. SO THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Kandye

2008 has not started well for you personally and with Moonlight! :-(
But you handle things like a trooper. And we love you for that!

P.S. Cobby, I bet your friend and her husband were a bit embarrassed. And since they were "doing you a favor", that put you in an awkward way. Life is never boring!