Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sophia Myles discusses her birthday in a new interview


The Yahoo! TV UK & Ireland site has a new, short interview with Sophia Myles. As you remember, her birthday was March 18th... and I mentioned that her wish of celebrating at home in England wasn't gonna happen because filming had begun again on Moonlight. We knew the crew & cast would make sure she had a wonderful time. Apparently, they wanted to give her a sugar rush! ha! In this interview, Sophia discusses her fun bday on the set.

SPOILER ALERT! Sophia gives mild spoilers for the Fated to Pretend episode (#1x13).






Sophia's Birthday Cake(s)

If there's no rest for the wicked, then actress Sophia Myles must be very naughty indeed. Although she celebrated her 28th birthday last Tuesday, the star of Living's hit supernatural drama Moonlight had to work.

On the plus side, she was in sun-kissed LA instead of at home in rain-lashed Blighty, and admits she had a fine time.

"I had a lovely day. It's because we were working, so it was not a problem at all turning a year older. I was on the Warner Brothers lot with all my Moonlight friends, so it was nice."

The birthday shoot involved filming one of her most bizarre scenes to date.

"I had to eat a f*** load of doughnuts, and I've been trying to lose a few pounds, because obviously there was the Christmas break," she smiles. "It was a case involving a killer doughnut.

"This is so funny; a lady's invented a doughnut that helps you to lose weight, so she's one of the suspects. Alex (O'Loughlin) and I had to eat doughnuts on camera.

"They shot so much coverage of the scene and we ended up eating so many. It was my birthday so I suppose it didn't really matter. And then they bought out a huge chocolate cake at the end of the day. I thought: 'What are you guys trying to do to me? I'll have to get the next sized jeans up for tomorrow.'" she laughs.

A typically slimline Sophia Myles can be seen in Moonlight, Tuesdays at 10pm, on Living.

No comments: