Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Warner Bros continues to shop Moonlight to other networks


As the Hollywood Reporter has confirmed, Warner Bros continues to shop Moonlight to other networks. I know that you understand how important it is for fans to keep writing, calling and emailing. You have been doing a marvelous job :) If each of us used the few minutes it takes to write a message on a postcard every day, imagine the avalanche of positive mail the networks will receive!

Yes, we want to email and call..... just remember, The Powers That Be are really impressed by snail mail. In their minds, it shows the most dedication and loyalty to a show. I don't know about you, but I'm enjoying being able to tell them how amazing Moonlight is & how much it means to me.

Reach out to people in real life! Most of Moonlight's fans are not part of the online community. We need for people offline to contact the networks too. For example, I have called & sent text messages to everyone I know asking for their help. Also, continuing to strike up conversations with people at coffeeshops (since I don't drink coffee, they are teashops to me ~ ha!), at restaurants, etc. Leaving informational flyers about joining the fight on college campuses, bulletin boards at the library & grocery stores, coffeeshops and so on.

Fans can make a difference! When Joss Whedon's Firefly was canceled by Fox, its fans stayed active for MONTHS afterward. That led to it being turned into a major motion picture ~ Serenity. Family Guy was brought back to network television after its cancelation due to the staggering number of DVDs purchased by fans. We are just as dedicated, if not more so, to Moonlight, aren't we?

I like to use the Perpetually Cool postcards, along with a stack of Oklahoma cards.... letting them know that Moonlight fans come from all over the United States & around the world.

http://moonlight-united.com/images/perpetuallycoolpostcard.pdf

Urge Warner Bros to keep shopping Moonlight. Let them & the networks know that we will follow our show!

Contact Info....

TNT Network
1010 Techwood Dr. NW
Atlanta GA 30318
Comment phone line : ( 404 ) 885-4538

FX Network
2121 Avenue of the Stars
19th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Main # ( 310 ) 369-1000
Feedback email
user@fxnetworks.com
Network President ~ John Landgraf


Sci-Fi Channel
30 Rockefeller Plaza
21st Floor
New York, NY 10112
feedback@scifi.com

President (reports to Bonnie Hammer)
David Howe

Senior VP of Programming
Tom Vitale


USA & Sci-Fi Network President
Bonnie Hammer
bonnie.hammer@unistudios.com
( 212 ) 413-5000

USA Network Viewer Hotline
( 212 ) 664-4444
This is the NBC switchboard number. Ask for the USA viewer hotline.
Sci-Fi is also part of NBC. You can call this number again & leave a message for SciFi too.

USA
30 Rockefeller Plaza
21st Floor
New York, NY 10112

USA Feedback ~
http://www.usanetwork.com/feedback/#Contact

CW Network
feedback@CWTV.com
Paul.McGuire@cwtv.com
Viewer Comment Line ( 818 ) 977-6878
Main Phone Number ( 310 ) 369-1000

CW Entertainment President
Dawn Ostroff
The CW Network
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002
( 818 ) 977-2500

CW Chief Operating Officer
john.maatta@cwtv.com

Warner Bros Studio
4000 Warner Blvd
Burbank, CA 91522-0002
Phone Number ( 818 ) 954-6000

President of WB Television
Peter Roth
peter.roth@warnerbros.com

WB feed back form ~
http://www.warnerbros.com/main/help/customer_service.html

Contact the companies that advertise during Moonlight. Let them know that we will support the sponsors that support our show! I have listed them on the blog, or you can use the great resource Diane has at http://www.renewmoonlight.com/Sponsors.html

We are continuing our ratings project letting CBS know that the Nielsen system is old and out of date. "I am a loyal Moonlight viewer, but you don't count me because I'm not a Nielsen family."

CBS Network
Nina Tassler
7800 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Mr. Les Moonves
CEO of CBS
51 West 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019-6188
( 212 ) 975-4545
Email : lmoonves@cbs.com

Please, watch Moonlight's episodes on the official CBS website as often as possible. They track the number of times each video is played. I stream them while I'm working online, cleaning house, filling out my postcards and such. We need to watch them while we can, because CBS has taken down all but two of the episodes already! At this moment, only What's Left Behind (episode #1x15) and season finale, Sonata (episode #1x16) are available.

www.cbs.com/moonlight

Photograph ~ Mick St John ( Alex O'Loughlin ) & Beth Turner ( Sophia Myles ) on the Queen Mary in Moonlight's Click episode (#1x14 ). You can get a larger photo by clicking on the image above.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your dedication to this cause! What about iTunes? That is where I get the episodes...I think the show is selling well on it, all the reviews are great and perhaps we can also point this out to the networks...well, just a suggestion.

Anonymous said...

I doing my part in all of this. Phone calls, emails, letters, I even enlisted my daughter and some of her friends to do the same thing. I recruited my Mom and friends of mine and a few neighboors to do the same thing. We are going to get our beloved Moonlight back. This war is not over not by a long shot.

Vampire Solidarity Rah, Rah, Rah....

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kandyegirl, your words encourage me so much. I 've been sending 10 perpetual coolness cards everyday. I can only do 10 a day due to my busy schedule, but I can do more on weekend. I heard that the person from Moonlightline made an ad on magazines!!!That is soo cool, a great idea! I will continue sending snail mails untill Moonlight comes back!!

Love MonkeyMagic

Anonymous said...

I just don't understand why another network hasn't jumped at the chance to get Moonlight. I feel like the longer this drags on the less chance we have. And we don't want to lose Alex, Jason & Sophia to other shows. The other cast members have already jumped ship but they were only bit-parts anyway. Although Eric Winters was a big loss - I thought his character could really have taken off.

Anonymous said...

Another great place to purchase Moonlight episodes is on Amazon Unbox- I've purchased all 16 episodes on Unbox AND I have all of the episodes saved on my TiVo! Check out the reviews of Moonlight on Amazon Unbox- I think it's a huge seller for them and the reviews are pretty fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Just purchased 100 postcard stamps to put on my third wave of outgoing postcards.

I keep saying it, along with everyone else, so I hope you don't get tired of hearing the same thing over and over, Kandye--

Thanks for keeping us so well-informed!

To everyone else, keep up the good work!!!

Barbara said...

Vampire solidarity maybe there's hope for our favorite vamp yet.